Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It finally happened...

...someone got cranky about my reusable bags at a small town grocery store the other day. :-(

But, after listening to this elderly guy complain for several minutes, I kind of got the feeling he gets cranky about a lot of things. So I'm not going to let it worry me. I explained to him why I used them, but he didn't seem to care. When I politely asked, he couldn't even tell me why he didn't like them. All he seemed to care about was that they were different from what he is used to using when he bags groceries and he didn't like "different." This wasn't a Wal-mart superstore or anything, either - it was just a laid back small town grocery store with just a few customers checking out at any given time - so even if it did take him a few seconds longer to bag stuff up with an unfamiliar bag, I doubt it really added that much extra work to his day.

I found his excessively grumpy attitude both mildly amusing and mildly annoying. I kind of hope someone talked to him after his complaining fit, because at least in my case it made me think less of the store and may make me a little reluctant to shop there again. But I'm definitely not giving up my bags. Can't please all the people all the time, eh?

No comments: